Young Ophthalmologists Programme Abstract Video Submissions
Abstract submission has now closed. Thank you for submitting your abstract and video.
Abstract Submission Opening: Late September 2021
Abstract Submission Extended Deadline: 7 November 2021, 23:59 CET
Video Sending Deadline (via WeTransfer): 1 December 2021, 23:59 CET
Notifications to submitters: Mid-End December 2021
Videos received after the deadline will not be accepted!
The Young Ophthalmologists Programme in Vilamoura will include video cases submitted by Young Ophthalmologists and discussed with the audience in a lively interactive session.
Young Ophthalmologists are invited to submit an abstract and a video
- The internet abstract submission system works best with Chrome: 16 or higher, Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher and Mozilla Firefox 5.0 or higher.
- You will need to select a topic among the list below:
- One of my first operations
- Tackling more risky cases
- Your abstract should be a brief description of your case – maximum 1’000 characters excluding title and authors’ information. This includes non-visible characters, such as spaces and line breaks.
- When describing the video in your abstract please highlight the most interesting part of your video keeping in mind the topic you have chosen to submit your video in.
- You must ensure to choose a theme from the options given. All videos and abstracts will be reviewed, graded and accepted or rejected by members of the ESCRS Programme Committee. The decision of the committee is final. This year the most educational video will be awarded a bursary of €750 and complimentary registration for the Virtual Meeting. The winner will be contacted in December.
- Please send your video via WeTransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 1st, 2021 23.59 CET.
- All video submissions must be surgical.
- Only one video author per video submission is permitted.
- If your video is accepted for presentation, you are thereby giving permission for the video to be shown during the Young Ophthalmologists Programme at the 26th ESCRS Winter Meeting 2022.
- You will also need to be a registered delegate and pay the appropriate fees for the Winter Meeting and be present during the Young Ophthalmologists Programme on Friday 18 February 2022. There are reduced registration fees for trainees.
- Failure to present without prior notice to the Programme Committee may influence future acceptance of videos in the Young Ophthalmologists Programme.
ALL SUBMITTED VIDEOS MUST BE EDITED AS FOLLOWS
- The video footage should be one of your first 50-100 cases.
- The high resolution video should be cut to maximum 3 minutes in duration highlighting your chosen topic.
- Once your video is cut to no more than 3 minutes there should be no editing to the section of video you have chosen to submit.
- The recommended resolution is: Full HD (1920×1080).
- Presentation slides, sound, or grafts are NOT permitted in the video.
- Do not use fast forward in your video.
- Do not write anything on the video including titles or comments.